mandag den 17. januar 2011

Welcome to CrossFit Submerged!

Hello water people!
After doing a CrossFit workout with a swimming content along with a lot of friends, more than a few of them thought it to be very fun and something we should do more often. So after a lot of comments and new ideas for future workouts i thought i might just start doing a blog, containing swimming/water WOD's. The idea is not me posting something on a daily basis, but when ever i feel like i got something fun and challenging to put out there.
As a former high level swimmer i tend to get a little ahead of myself and might post something too challenging for the average swimmer. So please let me know if i'm being rediculous. I don't intent to be, but sometimes things that seem easy to me, might be a big challenge for others. I will try to keep i simple.
I already got a lot of fun ideas on my mind, but today i will post the WOD i did with all of my friends.

5 rounds for time:
25m swim (15m underwater, 10m above)
10 Burpees
25m swim only using legs (kicking) no board allowed
10 muscle ups on the ledge (don't push of the bottom of the pool!)
The hight of the ledge above waterlevel tends to be different i every pool, but if there is a difference between the two ends, pick the high one. You should do this one in a 25 meter pool.

I didn't really know what to expect, since this was a first for me. The pool was crowded on a saturday morning and the prospect of embarrasing myself, jumping around in speedos in front of everyone took me a minute or two to overcome. But when i first went at it, i totally forgot all about me looking stupid. It was way harder than i anticipated, but also extremely fun. Everything went unbroken, except for one or two short breaks on the MU's. My time ended up being 8:35 which i know is pretty fast. We did this one as an internet challenge, so people are doing it all over for the rest of january. At the moment a couple of guys have done it, and except Peter's strong time around 11 min, most times are around 14 to 16 min.

I already got the next one planned, but i will wait and post it tomorrow.

/Kasper 

1 kommentar:

  1. "which i know is pretty fast". Sick brag :-)

    /Thomsen

    SvarSlet