onsdag den 26. januar 2011

Back to the pool folks...

Hey people!
I have a lot going on at the moment and i'm sorry that i haven't posted a new WOD before now. I'm starting my training for Afghanistan in the beginning of march and i will be taking a full month off work in february. So right now i'm in the process of handing over my position as 2IC to my successor. On friday i will be a free man!
On saturday i hope to be able to step by CrossFit Copenhagen  (aka "The Church of Pain") and cheer on my friends at the Danish CrossFit Open, before flying to Milan in the afternoon to go skiing for a week. It's gonna be a hell of a week, with my buddy Anders, his girlfriend and 6 other people i don't know so well. Hopefully there will be lots of snow, sunshine and good italian red wine (white wine is for girls).

Alright, enough about my awesome skiing vacation. On to the next CrossFit Submerged WOD. I thought this time it should be a chipper, including different kinds of swimming and exercises in between. Here goes:

Water chipper:
100m freestyle (meaning free choise of style...)
20 Burpees-pullups (only burpees if pullups are not possible)
50m sculling (see post from last week)
20 jump-squats
50m kicks on back (only using legs)
20 muscle-ups on ledge (see first post)
50m (12,5m submerged/12,5m above water)
20 HSPU
100m freestyle

This should be manageable for most to do. If not, you can scale it down to 50m instead of 100m and 25 instead of 50.
Last but not least, Sarah mentioned the possibility of doing a CrossFit Submerged event. I thought it would be great and my mind instantly wondered off the work i was doing when she brought the idea to my mind. I already know were to do this thing, and i know i can loan the place for free along with enough wetsuits, kajaks and cool gym stuff to go around. As you might have guessed, it will be an outside event including various activities in open water. I'm thinking 2-3 WOD's and a team kajak-polo tournament parallel to the WOD's going on. And don't worry, the WOD's will be manageable for everybody, no matter level of swimming experience. Being able to swim, is required though. It will be all about having fun and learing new sports. At the end of the day, there will be some kind of barbeque, before heading to town to get hammered. As some of you may know, Denmark is kind of cold at the moment, so june/july will probably be the proper time for an event like this.
Stay tuned for more about this crazy event and let me know if you got some crazy idea for workouts!  

Stay wet!
/Kasper

3 kommentarer:

  1. Kaspar,

    This is Russ from CrossFit HQ. What's your email address?

    I'd like to contact you about the Games.

    Thanks.

    SvarSlet
  2. Hey Ross,
    Ny email is bovfisk@hotmail.com

    Kasper (with an "e") :-)

    SvarSlet
  3. Haha, just noticed that i misspelled your name too. Didn't do that on purpose. Sorry Russ. :)

    SvarSlet